About Sarah Dillard Coaching
Many people get professional coaching in one of two scenarios--when they are underperforming in their roles or when they are looking for their next jobs. Consequently, many coaches focus their practices in one of these directions.
I’ve built mine differently. I'm passionate about the craft of management and mostly work with rising stars and executives who don't have to get better but who want to get better.
Why get coaching? It works. Coaching is designed for change:
- Targeted—focuses on your biggest issues & strategies to help you succeed
- Paced—homework and next steps match the rate at which you can implement them
- Accountability—a coach holds you accountable for progress from session to session
Coaching goes beyond what a boss or colleague can provide:
- A safe space—a coach is not a boss or a colleague and is therefore uniquely able to provide thought partnership without fear of judgement or evaluation
- Perspective—a coach has distance to see the forest for the trees and the pattern recognition to identify it as such
- Ongoing relationship—a coach can stay with you even if your job, role, or boss changes
- A teammate--a coach's job is to help you achieve your goals
What I bring to coaching:
- Focus on managers—passionate about craft of management, helping people develop as leaders in their current organizations
- Broad organizational expertise—experience across all three sectors--government, business, & non-profit--from startup to 4,000+ employees
- Proven capability—have coached dozens of employees and clients through developing the skills, processes, and habits to rapidly grow and navigate change
- Tested resources—the best of proprietary and external resources to help you learn and grow
Questions about coaching or my approach? Contact me.
Coaching works. Example client results:
- C-level exec who was working every waking minute fit her work into the work day through tighter prioritization, using her time more strategically, and getting more leverage from her team
- Manager with sixteen direct reports developed processes for efficiently & effectively managing them
- VP whose performance feedback became uneven amidst rapid organizational change and increased responsibilities regained her footing as a consistently high performer
- Manager in consulting successfully navigated a career shift to entrepreneurship
My client's organizations have included:
What my clients say:
Have a question? Interested in coaching? Send me a note.
Let's Work Together
Individual coaching packages
Coaching is available in packages of four, forty-five minute sessions. You may want to check with your employer to see if they provide any reimbursement for coaching services or if professional development dollars can be used for coaching. Discounts are available for non-profit clients. Contact me for pricing.
Organizational coaching packages
Working with multiple people in the same organization can have a force multiplier effect. If you're interested in coaching for more than one member of your team, contact me to discuss.
Sessions are scheduled at a pace that matches your needs and the rate at which you can implement change:
- Weekly in fast-paced organizations with a lot of fires, growth pains, or change
- Biweekly in more mature organizations where the client has a handle on the day-to-day role
- As client engagements mature, they may be less frequent (i.e., every three or four weeks + ad hoc) as the work shifts focus to ongoing improvement and career development